This is Us!

The first-annual celebration of all things that make NAI great

This is Us!

On May 24th, from 6-9 pm, NAI will hold the first annual “This is Us!” event.

The event is meant to celebrate the students of NAI and all the hard work they put in to achieve success. It is a way to relax for a few hours and forget about stress while bonding with the community.

This event will include food trucks from Mission Mahi, Millie’s Ice Cream, Nakama, ATU: “Athletic Training Unit”, and Convive Coffee!

In addition to the wonderful food, students can also participate in a four square tournament, perform at the open mic, view or participate in the NAI art show, and compete in the glow stick fun run. Registration is preferred to attend the event by completing a simple google form, that can be found here.

This event isn’t just for students.  Students can bring parents and friends, too! Attendance is free, and the only cost is whatever is purchased from food trucks

Mr. Geibel, the lead organizer of the event recounts how the idea of the event formed: “Mr. Hull and I were talking about how we need an event to celebrate all the good things that happen here. We thought of food trucks, music, and art; almost like a graduation ceremony. From there, we took the idea to Mrs. Ewing, who formalized it and gave it the name ‘This is Us’.

Although this is a free event, NAI is asking for donations to give to the North Hills Food Bank or coats/blankets for local shelters for people in need.

All students are encouraged to attend! This is a great way to enjoy the school and community. Bring friends and family to de-stress, and most importantly: HAVE FUN!

Additional information can be found on the This is Us website.