Josie Barton: Merit

Shoe choices for the DC trip were limited. My choice of converse for the longest day of our day of nonstop walking resulted in painful heels and blistered toes. Although some focus was negatively used for excuses, the useful trip was full of new experiences and ideas. Pictures of people and monuments are not only what the trip was fully about, but what the faces and emotions of the people and the way the photos of monuments were taken.

Out of two of my trips to D.C. this trip was definitely the most entertaining and experience-driven school trip I have personally been on. This technique of personal experience for learning is the most efficient way of “getting the point across” to high school students.

As we toured the monuments and memorials, our journalism class was hit with new ideas and objectives to our writings. One of the formal North Allegheny students of newspaper filled our minds with helpful tips on how to draw the audience in and how to create an interesting piece of different emotions to complete a formal or funny piece

Other students enjoyed walking around and personally getting to experience the ways of D.C., especially at NPR and interviews with other news and press programs. This entire occurrence of the trip inspired me and many other students on future careers, articles now, and the knowledge of press in general.

NA Eye • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in