Mr.+Mooney

Mr. Mooney

“Mr. Mooney is the only teacher I’ve had this year who has ever seemed to care about the well-being of not just me, but his entire class. He consistently will email and check up on students who transitioned between NACA and NAI. When my aunt passed he sent my family a card. Mr. Mooney is additionally a fantastic educator as I believe I have learned and retained the most information from his class. Mr. Mooney is a great teacher and person, which is rare.”

Josefina Georgi, Freshman

“He really captivates my attention when he teaches us and understands our limitations.”

Christina Roche, Freshman

“Mr. Mooney is one of the ONLY teachers that genuinely care about how I’m doing. He’s extremely flexible with our schedules. I’ve never had a teacher ask me how I’m doing, or make poll questions about how we think our day is going to be. I enjoy the email chains about philosophical existential questions. Mr. Mooney also helped me prepare for future years, and that’s something that not all teachers are willing to help with. He makes NACA a lot more enjoyable!”

Aneri Shethji, Freshman

“Mr. Mooney is one of the best people I know. Every class he starts with “You are who you are and that’s a great thing.” At the beginning of the year, I thought it was just to welcome each of his students. But now when I hear it every A-day morning, I know that he truly cares about every student and it brings tears to my eyes. He also randomly emails my friends and me saying “Have a great day!” or telling us we did an awesome job in class and it makes us so happy that we have someone who is wishing for us to be happy. None of my teachers have shown such care and love for their students. And while he is caring, he is also very funny–I laugh so much during his class. Sometimes his jokes are pretty corny, but I’m pretty sure everyone laughs just because he tries so much. I really love to go to English class, even though it is not my favorite subject by far, because I know that I am accepted in that class and will have a great time.”

Thrisha Kalpatthi, Freshman

“We all know that this year has been challenging for everyone. Learning remotely can be extremely difficult some days, but Mr. Mooney will always put a smile on your face. Every day, Mr. Mooney starts class by saying, “You are who you are and that’s a great thing!”. His class is full of engaging lectures and meaningful discussions. During this time, he is the best, most supportive teacher a student could ask for. Thank you for all you do, Mr. Mooney!”

Anonymous, Freshman

NA Eye • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All NA Eye Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *