NA Eye

Filed under News, Showcase

Caffeine Craze

The snow glistens outside as gloomy students arrive in the place that they most despise. A cup of warm, fresh coffee or hot chocolate can diminish the feeling of hatred if only for just a few minutes.

At the start of the 2017-2018 school year, a new student-led business arose from Room 205 in B hall. The main motive for these hard working students is to raise money for class trips. Even though miniscule, this cart provides necessary skills such as money management and collaboration. The cart’s income is also used to buy classroom essentials.

In an exclusive interview, the cart’s sponsors told NA Eye’s reporters, “We see anywhere from 10 to 25 students a day.”

After roaming the halls, NA Eye found some thirst-quenched students who have visited the well-known Coffee Cart. “It [the coffee cart] is a good idea; I just feel that it could be a little bigger or more advertised,” stated a freshman who wanted to remain anonymous. Kate Adams and Natalie Shoup agree, “It is convenient when you forget to make coffee at your house. Plus it is way cheaper than getting it [coffee] anywhere else.” There are some students, for example Haley Wachowiak, that aren’t coffee lovers but still go to the coffee cart because the “hot chocolate is good.” On the other hand, students like Jenna Coholich visit the cart almost everyday, and say they experience a very nice and convenient services.

The sponsors and employees informed NA Eye that “business is picking up,” and they hope the cart will grow and flourish in the near future.

The cart’s special gift card offers:

– One drink voucher for one dollar

– Six drink voucher for five dollars (extra drink)