Kendel Barber: Exciting

The second we arrived in the city, there was something exciting to look at or do. First, we got to experience a behind the scenes tour of the NPR building, where we saw a recording studio and all the important writers and producers of the well-known radio show. Later that day, owner of Hamilton Place strategies, Tony Fratto, met with our group and talked to us about his job and the steps he took to get to that point. After that, the first of three thrilling days in DC was complete, and all we could do was eagerly await the next few days.

Day two was even more action-packed. The majority of our day was spent at the Newseum viewing powerful exhibits which showed the importance of press and media in the modern world. While at the Newseum, we experienced two lessons on topics related journalism in our country, like the pressing issue of fake news. We also went on a thrilling tour of the FBI headquarters where we learned about what it takes to be in the FBI. Hands on experiences during the tour taught us more about what the FBI does. Finally, at the end of the day we went to the National Press building where we listened to 3 women speak of their exciting experiences and share their opinions on the press and treatment of the press in our country.

Sadly our third day was our last exhilarating day in Washington D.C. We started the morning with a trip to the capitol building. There, our tour guide showed us important historical artifacts and explained where things happen in the building, while sharing some of his favorite jokes with us of course. After our last tour, we were free to roam!  A group of us got to explore the beautiful historic city while trying to navigate the confusing Metro, and enjoying the spectacular monuments. All in all, it was an informative and exciting trip, that I hope to experience again next year!

NA Eye • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in