Marko+Kosanovich

Marko Kosanovich

NAEye: What sport do you play? 

MK: I Swim.

NAEye: What grade are you in? 

MK: I’m in 10th grade.

NAEye: When did you start playing? 

MK: I started to swim in 3rd grade.

NAEye: Why do you continue playing this sport?

MK: I find it very fun to swim and I love the team so much. They each create a bond with people that you will find to enjoy each of them more and more and it will create a group of friends that you will hang out with all 4 years and sometimes beyond high school.  

NAEye: Do you play any other sports? If so, which ones?

MK: I play lacrosse. 

NAEye: What is your training/ conditioning like? 

MK: The training schedule is rough. We have at least 2-morning practices a week that start at 5:30 in the morning before school. And we have practice every day after school for 2 hours from 3-5 and Saturday mornings from 8-11 with an hour of dryland/lifting after a 2-hour practice. So it is a very rough and rigorous schedule, especially while trying to keep your grades up and having a solid social life. And on top of that trying to get to bed is tough when you have so much on your plate it’s almost impossible to finish your homework at a reasonable time.  

NAEye: Do you feel successful in your sport? 

MK: I do feel successful in my sport especially with making WPIALs recently and always shooting for different times in different events. And they keep making the times faster and harder each year. 

NAEye: What is your offseason like? How do you keep in shape during it? 

MK: For swim there isn’t really an offseason at most we have 2-3 weeks out of the water, right after high school season and right before school starts. 

NAEye: What is the hardest part of your season and what challenges you most in your sport? 

MK: The hardest part of the season is over winter/Christmas break we all call it “Hell week” and it’s the toughest time of the year because it is when we do a ton of practices get no sleep, and have the hardest sets to do. 

NAEye: How do you prepare for your games/meets? 

MK: I usually eat at Totin’s with a couple of friends before and do some homework while listening to music, then we all go down do a quick warm-up then go into a room with both the boys and girls teams and we all listen to music as a team and have a lot of fun. 

NAEye: Do you feel pressured to succeed in your sport?

MK: I don’t feel that much pressure but I do have some with my brother who I am always put against by my parents and many others. I also tend to compare myself to my brother out of force of habit. 

NAEye: What about your sport brings you the most joy? 

MK: Being with everyone else and seeing not only myself but my teammates reach their goals and getting to each step of swimming like getting to WPIALs getting to PIAAs and winning them both which is very fun and gives you a very strong feeling of achievement. 

NAEye: What is your favorite pregame meal?

MK: A cheeseburger from Totin’s with ketchup and fries.

NA Eye • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All NA Eye Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *