Erik+Sundgren

Erik Sundgren

NAEye: What sport do you play?

ES: I play basketball.

NAEye: What grade are you in?

ES: I am in 10th grade.

NAEye: When did you start playing?

ES: I started playing basketball when I was in first grade. I started by playing for Upward basketball and then NABA in 3rd-6th grade.

NAEye: Why do you continue playing this sport?

ES: I continued to play basketball because I loved playing it and it kept me in shape. It also gave me something to do in between baseball seasons.

NAEye: Do you play any other sports? If so, which ones?

ES: I also play baseball for the Pittsburgh Spikes.

NAEye: What is your training/ conditioning like?

ES: My training and conditioning is going to practice every day and lifting at home with my dad. He creates workouts for me to do, and they are very helpful for keeping me strong and in shape.

NAEye: Do you feel successful in your sport?

ES: I feel successful in this sport most of the time. Whenever I play good, I feel great, but when I play badly, I feel like I should not even play basketball anymore.

NAEye: What is your offseason like? How do you keep in shape during it?

ES: During the offseason, I play baseball and lift. Baseball isn’t helpful for conditioning but it keeps me active and gives me something to do.

NAEye: What is the hardest part of your season and what challenges you most in your sport?

ES: The hardest part of the season is the beginning because you are just getting back into the swing of things, but once everything gets started, it becomes easier.

NAEye: How do you prepare for your games/meets?

ES: To prepare for the games, I make sure to stretch before the games start so that I feel loose and ready to go. I also like to get a lot of shots up so that I feel good.

NAEye: Do you feel pressured to succeed in your sport?

ES: At NA, everyone feels pressured to succeed at what they do no matter what it is. So ya, I feel pressured to succeed, however, I also have fun playing basketball. Sports are supposed to be fun, so if you do not enjoy it, you probably should not be playing it.

NAEye: What about your sport brings you the most joy?

ES: The most fun thing at basketball is having fun and making memories with your teammates. There are so many memories that my teammates and I made that I will remember forever.

NAEye: What is your favorite pregame meal?

ES: My favorite pregame meal is a Chick-fil-a sandwich with some Doritos and a Banana. To drink, I would probably have Gatorade or water.

NA Eye • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in