Michael+Gauntner

Michael Gauntner

Where do you work and how long have you been working there?

“I work at the Sir Pizza in Ross Township and have been working there for two months now.”

What does working there entail? 

“I am currently the dishwasher, but also bus tables and help prepare sides like cheese and pepperoni. I am also in the process of being trained to make pizzas.”

How did you get this job or why did you get this job?

“I got the job because I am family friends with the owners and they were looking for new employees. Which they are still searching for actually.”

How many hours do you work per week? 

“I work about 9 to 12 hours a week.”

How do you balance work and school?

“I try to get all my school work done before I go to work so there is minimal stress getting home. There are times where I will be up until like 10:30 doing work but that’s fairly rare.”

What has having a job like this as a teenager taught you?

“It limits my already short amount of free time and social life with others.”

What do you do with the money from this job?

“Most of it goes into my bank account for the bigger items I want to save up for, like a laptop and a car. Then the remaining amount is on hand cash for gifts or food.”

Do you ever miss out on social events because of work?

“Any major social events, such as track meets I will call off for, but I had to work on Mother’s Day which was a little disappointing. Same with smaller things, like hanging out with friends.”

What’s the craziest thing that has happened to you while working at this job? Whether that be with a customer or a coworker?

“So I went to take back some dishes to the kitchen. I place the dishes in their respective spots and turn around to my manager, who also mans the oven, with a tray filled with hot dishes and food. He fumbles it and ends up dropping it due to me being in the way. Furious, he throws the pan, grabs a tray, and whips it across the room. I say sorry multiple times, very scared, and walk off ashamed and scared. 

NA Eye • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in