Valentine’s Day Edition

February 14, 2019

Q: I’m really close friends with my crush, but I don’t know if they feel the same way. What can I get them that shows that I like them, but not too lovey-dovey that it feels like we’re in a relationship?

If you wanted to give them something that shows that you’re into them, but not enough to completely freak them out, I would say give them some homemade baked goods. Or maybe something related to an inside joke, something only you two know. Like for instance, my friend got me a pineapple one year…. long story, but it made me laugh my head off. The extra effort that it takes to bake something yourself, or think of an original present directly related to your relationship shows that you care (more than a friend) and that you’re interested. It’s not something so blatantly lovey-dovey that it’ll turn them away. If you wanted to go with something a little safer, chocolates or food. I mean obviously, food is always a safe back up. With chocolate, be careful that it’s not something really cheesy and corny (like those chocolate shaped roses). I would recommend no hearts or flowery stuff if you want to keep it casual. Just remember not to get your hopes up too far and think that they’ll fall in love with you. And if they do decide that they only want friendship, respect their opinions and move on. There are lots of other people out there, you will find a good one, I promise. (Yes, I know I’m being cheesy)