Mr.+Bockoven

Hanna Petrichevich

Mr. Bockoven

“I’m so grateful for such a great art teacher. He is so inspirational, encouraging, and funny. Even though I pretty much live in the art wing, he doesn’t get toooo mad at me for bugging him, and he is always happy to help me with anything that I need. I have also been introduced to many different art-related opportunities through him. I couldn’t have asked for a better high school art teacher. Quite honestly, it was a relief that he is so supportive because I was scared that my art would be heavily criticized when I got to high school. Anyways, thanks Mr. Bockoven for making my first year of high school art a great one!”
Morgan Nash, Freshman

“He’s an absolute legend. The best teacher in the whole school district by far.”
Chris Rudolph, Sophomore

“He helps everyone gain confidence in themselves and in their artwork. He also understands that deadlines do not need to be final and understands if we’ve had a bad week/day.”
Clair Woods, Sophomore

“He has made me realize my true potential in art. I am able to better express myself and truly explore my capabilities as both an artist and a student. He allows me to sit in his room during lunch, which I will forever be grateful for, as I have extreme social anxiety. I am able to eat my lunch calmly, and work on art, which I love.”
Urmila Dhanvada, Sophomore

“This teacher has made me truly embrace art and be confident with my abilities. He is a very patient person, and is willing to help with any problem whether art class related or not. He never gets upset with students, and I believe he wants the best for all of us. I appreciate the time he has given me when I was not able to complete a project because it was not the way I wanted. Mr. Bockoven is funny, talented, and very kind to everyone around.”
Emma Conway, Sophomore

“One of the best teachers I have ever had, the art room is probably the coolest place in the school, and you can’t have a cool room without having a cool teacher.”
Oriana Plenter, Sophomore

Urmila Dhanvada, Sophomore

“I’ve been taking art classes for as long as I can remember, but I’ve only had a handful of art teachers like Mr. Bockoven. I am incredibly grateful to have Mr. B as my art teacher. He has a very respectful relationship with all of his students and believes in them and their art. There are days when I feel like my art isn’t good enough, but Mr. B always finds a way to make me sort of like them. Throughout the school year, he has inspired me to step out of my comfort zone and has helped improve my creative abilities. He never judges any of his students’ artwork, he wants everyone in his class to feel like they belong and pushes them to do their best everyday. I also want to thank you for seeing my full potential, making art class the best class, and dealing with my whiny complaints about my art. I honestly wish I could just stay in the art room forever, it has legitimately become my second home.”
Almira Kusuma, Sophomore

NA Eye • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in