Lydia Thomas

May 29, 2019

Dear NAI,
My time spent at NAI has felt rather fast. The lessons learned and laughs I have had have been countless and unforgettable. My friends have been a big part of my time at nai, some have stayed some have gone but a stable friend group is something I am very grateful to have thanks to NAI. Seeing my best friends in school and being able to talk, laugh, and chat is one of my favorite parts of going to school at nai.  Nai has been a great school with so many unforgettable memories made the stressful times were all for good reason, and for preparation for harder work in college. It’s crazy to think that next school year I will be a junior. when I think of nash i think of the “old” kids but now thinking about being one of those “older” kids is absolutely insane. Time has flown by with new friends new experiences and growth physically and mentally. I’m hoping my time at nash won’t go as fast as nai because the people that will be there truly do feel like my family at times. Nash has a certain vibe and atmosphere that is exciting to be placed into. NAIs workload has been stressful. The countless tests and endless studying seems repetitive and exhausting at times but the great teachers here at nai have been great to help balance the workload in a healthy way. The counselors and staff here are all great at their job and help make kids feel welcome. One teacher that really stood out to me was my 9th grade study hall teacher, Mr. Mac although he did not teach me a subject, he always taught us great life lessons and was great to have conversations with about how my day was going. Even though some of the classes seem pointless and the things taught will never be used again, some classes at NAI seem very useful and are some of my favorite courses. Journalism and adventures in foods have been 2 of my most fun and interesting classes to take at NAI. The skills taught in these classes have been useful and used again in my life making the courses fun and exciting. North Allegheny is such a great school district and is involved in such an amazing thing to help others such as Project Water. As a member of project water, the wonderful help and support this organization brings to others is amazing to watch and be a part of there truly is no greater feeling than helping people that are desperately in need. My brother Joshua started project water and NA is great to keep it going to keep helping people in need. Overall, NAI has been an unforgettable school with unforgettable times had along the way. I will never forget everything nai has given me including my friends. Moving up to nash seems scary but I am excited for the new things to come.