BTS has stalkers and it is scary

Recently, stalkers have been terrorizing BTS and it is getting to the point of terror for the members.

Autumn Crown, Student Writer

Recently, BTS’s stalkers have gotten worse and more obsessed as fans. They have been going overboard. There are several stories that lead up to the members commenting and breaking down because of these fans. 

BTS, a famous K-pop group in Korea, announced that they are releasing a new album called Map of Soul: 7. On January 10th, they released the trailer for this album. The trailers called Shadow and it’s written by Suga also known as Agust D. 

A break down of the lyrics for the whole song is seen by some fans, as crazy people stalking the band members. 

Suga, A band member of BTS, is talking about the pressure of fame and the “shadows” that follow BTS. Also known as stalkers, or “sasaengs”. Although these lyrics can be taken another way many ARMYS (the name for the fans of BTS)  think that it has a more blunt meaning. 

The group has had many encounters with stalkers. 

BTS V once commented on this matter, and said, “You know how we get on planes by ourselves?” We actually want to fly on a regular flight. But when we travel long distance or short distance, fans may know beforehand that we will be boarding and sit next to us, or in front of us. While that wouldn’t be so bad if people actually kept their distance. There are those fans. In those private spaces, we don’t get to relax as much as we want to. So we were a bit uncomfortable. To be frank with you, we don’t want you to do that… It’s really scary.” 

Emma Woodstone, a fan of BTS, commented on Quora and said, “Once when Bts was filming in Sweden, they stopped at a cafe to grab a bite to eat and to relax a little. A group of sasaeng fans were watching and waiting outside for the boys to emerge. Unsettled by this, the cameraman decided to step outside and ask them to move. 

Instead of actually moving the fans pretended to leave but started chasing the boys when they came outside. Luckily, the boys were able to getaway.

Jungkook was filmed while he was in the toilet in an award show. RM was filmed while he was trying out clothes in a clothing store in Europe.

Recently there was a video of a girl chasing V at an airport. That girl RAN, a manager or security had to get involved and that girl went crazy mad and started to yell because the van got away. Needless to say, her expression gave me nightmares.

V had fear written all over his face. In 2016, Suga tweeted and a girl replied with [ an inappropriate ] video. A girl hurt herself just because of a dating rumor with Jungkook”.

Those are only some of the stories. There are many more indescribable actions done by sasaengs. These fans are too obsessed and can end up hurting the boys and themselves. It is very dangerous to do something like this and it can end up scarring BTS. Jungkook also recently posted a V-Live begging sasaeng to leave them alone and he is very scared of what could happen to him.

BTS is not the only group that experiences these things. Other groups have had stalkers and experiences that are much much worse. Not only idols from Korea but musicians all over the world.

Some people think that if people did not go crazy over celebrities, then they wouldn’t have to hide away from fans as much.