February 11, 2022

Attention students interested in taking AP Exams. Late registration is still open with monetary penalties and will close on March 13th. The AP registration process is a two-step process. Please visit the NASH School Counseling Site for more information or speak to your AP teacher.

Today’s fact Friday for Black History Month will highlight a prominent African American woman who made an everlasting impact on our society. Remember how Rosa Parks was arrested because she refused to give up her seat to a white person? Well she wasn’t the first. On March 2, 1955, a 15 year old high school student named Claudette Colvin was arrested in Montgomery, Alabama. She refused to give up her seat to a white woman. The NAACP was intrigued, but they didn’t want Claudette to be the face of the civil rights movement. She was dark skinned, 15 years old, and pregnant so instead, they sent in Rosa Parks. She was older, had lighter skin, and was also an existing member of the NAACP.  Thanks for tuning into this week’s fact Friday by MSU. Stay tuned for more information shared every Friday during the month of February.

For all freshman and sophomore boys interested in trying out for the JV and Varsity Tennis teams, there will be a pre-season meeting on Tuesday, February 15 at NASH in Room 229, starting at 2:30 PM. NAI students can ride an athletics shuttle bus to NASH immediately after school. Please refer to the NA Athletics website for additional information.

Power of SHE will meet on Tuesday, February 15, 2022 from 2:15 to 3:15PM in front of the main office. Feel free to bring someone along, and snacks will be provided!

Student council will be selling Valentine’s Day candy grams starting this Friday, February 11 through next Thursday, February 17. If you want to send your friends a candy gram, you can buy them during lunch periods in the cafeteria for $2. The Candy grams will be delivered during homeroom the day after purchase.