Homecoming: Everything You Need to Know

Chase Timmerson

This year’s NAI Homecoming Dance is almost here.

Chase Timmerson, News Editor

The 2022 Homecoming Dance on Saturday, October 8 is fast approaching . The theme has recently been announced as “Enchanted Garden” on the Class Council Instagram account. As the dance nears, questions about what to wear, how to buy tickets, and where the dance will take place are often asked.

When and where is Homecoming?

Homecoming this year is in NAI’s lower gymnasium. The dance will also have an outdoor area between the gym door and the football field. Homecoming will begin at 7:00 pm and end at 10:00 pm.

What do you wear? 

Homecoming is a semi-formal event. Suits, dresses, etc. are highly encouraged to be worn. Heels are allowed to be worn but they must remain on the entire night. 

Will food be provided?

No, food will not be served at the dance. Water, soda, and Gatorade will be provided though. 

Why should you attend Homecoming?

Sophomore Class Council Secretary Ellie Babcock says, “this year’s homecoming is more intricate than the years before.” Babcock says the Class Council has listened to the feedback from last year’s Homecoming and Spring Formal.  “We’re constantly listening to feedback from the student body to create the best Homecoming ever,” she says. 

This year’s Homecoming has a lot of new additions, according to Babcock.. Homecoming this year will include a complementary Kona-Ice truck. A new dance playlist made with suggestions from students will also be used by the D.J, Greg Geibel.

Asked to describe this year’s Homecoming in a single word, Babcock says, “magical.”