NA Eye

NA Eye

NA Eye

Follow Us on Twitter

New Teacher: Ms. Deichler

Addey Kane
Ms. Hannah Deichler is excited to join the English Department at NAI.

NAI hired a new English teacher with warm and welcoming arms, and her name is Ms. Hannah Deichler. Many students were puzzled to find that their English teacher this year was Deichler. Students had asked previous sophomores, but no one could tell them who Deichler was.

Deichler’s journey to becoming a teacher started at a very young age. “I always looked at my own English teachers and went ‘yeah that’s what I want to do,’” Deichler says. She stated that she had moved around a lot as a kid, but seeing teachers who were always there for their students made her realize even more that being a teacher was what she wanted.

Deichler was not inspired by a single teacher. In fact, many teachers ended up inspiring her. Whether it was an English, math, social studies, science, etc.teacher, Deichler was inspired to grow up and become just like them.

To achieve her goals of becoming a teacher, she had to go college. She went to two different schools, Syracuse and Pitt. An interesting thing to note is she actually minored in geography at Syracuse. NAI is not her first teaching job either. In fact, Deichler has taught at South Fayette High School, and then taught at two schools in Syracuse, New York.

When asked what her favorite part about teaching English was, Deichler states, “I love talking about books! The epiphanies students get when talking about books or when that part of the book clicks in their brain and they’re like ‘I get it now!’ That’s my favorite thing in the whole world! I love it!”

I love talking about books! The epiphanies students get when talking about books or when that part of the book clicks in their brain and they’re like ‘I get it now!

— Ms. Deichler

Julius Caesar by Shakespeare wins as her favorite piece of literature. “I think it’s just fun. Especially with Shakespeare when it clicks and people are like I get what he said and I get what’s going on here! That’s my favorite thing in the world, so Julius Caesar.” When talking about Julius Caesar, Deichler’s face lit up, showing how excited she is to teach this classic piece.

“I love her class because it is less of her talking and more of us leading the talk,” sophomore Allie Meissner states.

“I absolutely love Miss Deichler’s class and I look forward to coming into English class everyday. She always walks into class with a smile on her face, and it just makes me feel so optimistic and ready to learn. The lessons are always so inclusive and involving which makes me understand the lessons so much more. Also I absolutely love her different outfits everyday, they’re always so unique and amazing!” sophomore Hannah Patterson says.

“I would say that I love her class as she makes it a welcoming environment and a safe one as well. You can express your ideas easily,” sophomore Laura Wells states.

NAI staff and students have a long year ahead of them before summer rolls around again. Deichler is really excited for this year saying, “I’m going to learn a lot. I’m excited to learn about the kids, so yeah I’m excited.”

View Comments (1)
About the Contributor
Addey Kane
Addey Kane, Staff Writer
Addey is a sophomore who's obsessed with DC and Taylor Swift.

Comments (1)

All NA Eye Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• M

Mrs. AndreasSep 21, 2023 at 1:53 pm

Great article, Addey! I love to see your writing!! Keep up the great work!!

Reply