NA Eye

NA Eye

NA Eye

Follow Us on Twitter

Team Swelce?!

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelces romance is to die for.
Entertainment Tonight
Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s romance is to die for.

Taylor Swift once said, “I’ll be eighty-seven; you’ll be eighty-nine” (Mary’s Song (Oh My My My)). However, it has been flipped based on her new romance; she’s eighty-nine and Travis Kelce is eighty-seven.

Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce said on his podcast that he was upset that he couldn’t give Taylor Swift a friendship bracelet with his number on it when he went to the Eras Tour one night. When asked which number it was, football or phone number, he publicly said, “You know which one.” The romance sparked from there because on September 24, 2023 when Swift was at her first Chiefs game.

Taylor was then seen at several Chiefs’ games with momma Kelce. The majority of the games found television cameras focused on Swift in a luxury box, leading many to speculate that the relationship was just for clout, getting Chief games more viewers and Taylor more publicity.

But things recently changed. Swift recently started up her Eras Tour again, this time doing the international dates. On Saturday, November 11th, she was in Buenos Aires, and Kelcewas seen there too. He was in a designated section for him, the box like areas that celebrities get to sit in. Fans were able to record videos of Kelce singing along to all of her songs.

The Midnights Era is the closing set of the Eras Tour, and this time Taylor changed the lyrics to one of her most popular Midnights’ songs, Karma. Taylor is normally heard singing, “Karma is the guy on the screen, coming straight home to me.”

However, this time she was heard singing, “Karma is the guy on the Chiefs, coming straight home to me.” Fans went wild, as did Travis. He could be seen blushing, but trying to play it off cool. But does one lyric change make it official?

The lyric change was not the only thing Taylor did Saturday night. In fact after the show ended, she was seen running up to Travis, hugging him and then giving him a kiss. This was their first public kiss, and fans went wild. If you were a Swiftie, anytime you opened any social media the first thing you’d see was the lyric change or the kiss, giving it more publicity.

Many Swiftie celebrities were even seen endorsing the moments. Social media influencer Chris Olsen was posting live reactions to the lyric change, and he was visibly struck. He then later posted a reaction of the kiss with him screaming and shaking the phone while the two love birds kissed.

Swifties all over have been affected by this moment. Even the ones at NAI.

Sophomore Clara Sorby states, “I love them, I think that they are so cute, and I’m here for it. They both seem so happy, and I’m just happy that they’re happy. I have no business being in their relationship, but I am happy that they’re happy.”

I love them, I think that they are so cute, and I’m here for it. They both seem so happy, and I’m just happy that they’re happy. I have no business being in their relationship, but I am happy that they’re happy.

— Clara Sorby

Mrs. Stephanie Witt, an English teacher at NAI, claims she is obsessed with the romance. Her colleague, Ms. Hannah Deichler, agrees with her saying,

“I love them so much. I look on Twitter to see what they are doing any given time. I’ve seen the video of her singing, ‘karma is the guy on the Chiefs.’ I am obsessed to say the least, and you can quote me on that.”

Sophomore Kylie Hoffman states, “They’re really cute together.”

Swifties new and old are equally excited about this romance. All agree that it is probably one of the best relationships in media currently. Fans can only hope it lasts.

This could be Swift’s happily ever after which would be amazing to see. For once, she is dating a guy taller than her, which means she can proudly wear her heels. All jokes aside, if Kelce is her happily ever after Swift will finally be out of the public eye for relationships. She gets a lot of hate for her past relationships, but if this one stays people will hopefully hate on her less.

A question that many have is, will this relationship change her songwriting? Taylor is known for writing tragic breakup songs, and fans could definitely still see that. Her breakup with Joe Alwyn clearly left some heart break in her, and she could definitely write more songs about that.

Swift could write more heartfelt love songs, too, which wouldn’t be out of left field because she does write a lot of love songs about her current lovers. This could be a great way for her to express her current feelings in this new and healthy relationship.

Finally, Swift could do what she did with Folklore and create stories to sing about. She could create another fictional world that she tells all of us about during her songs on that album. On her tour she stated she did love becoming an author of a fictional world, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if she did create another world.

All in all, Swift will still continue to be the boss she is. She will continue to empower women, men, and kids all around. She will also still be seen at Chiefs games because she loves to support her boyfriend.

Team Swelce is beloved by many, and it should continue to get that love. If you aren’t a fan of Swift’s music that’s okay, just be happy that she is happy because in the end that’s what matters, happiness.