NA Eye

NA Eye

NA Eye

Follow Us on Twitter

Should vs Will Win at Grammys

The Butler Collegian
The Annual Grammy Awards are mean to recognize the most deserving recording artists… but do they?

The Grammys have claimed that their awards aren’t based on popularity but rather quality, but based on some past winners that does not always appear to be true. The 2024 nominees have come out, so here’s who should vs who will win some of the biggest categories.

New Artist: From being an opener for Taylor Swift’s Eras tour and gaining millions of listeners this year, Gracie Abrams should win best new artist. It is most likely that Ice Spice will take home the win. Ice Spice has gained much popularity from TikTok as well as collaborating with Taylor Swift.

Song of the Year: “What Was I Made For?” by Billie Eilish, made for the Barbie movie, is the most lyrically and emotionally striking song out of all the nominations and deserves the win. “Anti-Hero” by Taylor Swift or “Kill Bill” by SZA would likely be the one taking this, as they both have become TikTok users anthems of the year. .

Pop Duo/Group Performance: “Candy Necklace” by Lana Del Rey featuring Jon Batiste should win this award. Out of all the nominations, this one is the most lyrically gifted. With both artists being big this year, Taylor Swift and Ice Spice are favored to win this award with Karma.

Pop Solo Performance: “Anti-Hero” was a pop perfection song of the year and should win. It is likely that “Anti-Hero” will win this award, but “Vampire” by Olivia Rodrigo also has a good chance.

Pop Vocal Album: GUTS by Olivia Rodrigo was everything you’d want in a pop album, and it should win. Midnights by Taylor Swift has very good pop songs, and will likely take home the win.

Alternative Music Album: Both albums, Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd by Lana Del Rey and The Record by boygenius both are amazing and either should and most likely will win.

Music Video: None of the music videos nominated are truly great, but “What Was I Made For?” by Billie Eilish should and probably will win.

Score Soundtrack for Visual Media: The Barbie soundtrack should and will win. It was an amazing movie with great songs, and a box office hit, it deserves to win.

Rock Song: “Not Strong Enough” by boygenius should win. It’s an amazing song that should get more recognition. ballad of a homeschooled girl will most likely win despite it barely even being a rock song.

Country Song: “I Remember Everything” by Zach Bryan should and most likely will win. As someone who doesn’t like country, this song wasn’t bad to listen to.

Rap Song: “Rich Flex” by Drake should win. It’s the most fun to listen to out of all the nominations. “Just Wanna Rock” by Lil Uzi Vert will win. It was one of Tik Toks most popular songs, and despite it not being lyrically good, the music is good enough.

Album of the Year: It’s arguably the most important category to win and there are so many good albums nominated. It should go to Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd by Lana Del Rey. Out of all the albums, this one is the most lyrically gifted and contains amazing music. Midnights by Taylor Swift, which is a close second to Lana’s album, or SOS by SZA will likely win this big award.