NA Eye

NA Eye

NA Eye

Follow Us on Twitter

Grammy’s 2024 Recap

MJ Photos/REX/Shutterstock
Music biggest night recently took place, there is a lot to talk about.

The 2024 Grammy’s—the biggest night in music—has recently taken place, and there is a lot to talk about from first-time winners to history being made.

To open the night, Dua Lipa gave an electric performance singing her top hit “Houdini,” but also teased some of her new music expected to come in 2024. She was seen climbing around a jungle-gym-like cube as it moved throughout the venue, setting the perfect vibe for what the Grammys would be.

The first award of the night for best pop solo performance went to Miley Cyrus for her hit “Flowers.” This marks the singer’s first-ever (and long overdue) Grammy win. She later was surprised by a second win for best record of the year, making her a 2-time Grammy winner in one night.

SZA—a nine-time Grammy nominee—took home 3 Grammy awards for best urban contemporary album, best pop duo/group performance, and best R&B song. But, the singer was snubbed of becoming the first black woman to win album of the year since Lauryn Hill in 1999. Yet, she showed gratitude for all her wins, including when she ran up to Lizzo after winning best R&B song with her hit “Snooze.” SZA also brought her hit songs to life on the Grammy’s stage during the electrifying performance that involved her being surrounded by flames and dancers with swords.

Taylor Swift made history becoming the first-ever artist to win four album of the year awards, when “Midnights” took home the prestigious award. With this win, Taylor Swift passed Frank Sinatra, Paul Simon, and Stevie Wonder, who have all won album of the year three times.

Celine Dion, a legendary singer who was diagnosed with stiff person syndrome in 2022, made a rare appearance at the Grammy’s to present the album of the year award. Ever since her diagnosis, the singer’s career has been put on pause for her health, but this surprise shows the potential for her to return to performing.

During the award, Swift announced her 11th studio album called <em>The Tortured Poets Department</em>. Swifties had been expecting Taylor’s Version of Reputation to be dropped at the Grammys, so when she released a whole new album it came as a shock to everyone.

Luke Combs’ cover of “Fast Car” was beautifully performed with its original singer Tracy Chapman. Luke Combs expressed his feelings for the song and what it meant to him in the pre-recorded video clip shown before the performance, so for him to perform it with Tracy, 36 years after its original recording, it was a dream come true.

Here is a list of the night’s biggest awards and who took them home:

Album of the Year –  Midnights by Taylor Swift

Best Song  – “What Was I Made For?” by Billie Eilish and FINNEAS

Best Record  –  “Flowers” by Miley Cyrus

Best New Artist  – Victoria Monét

Best Pop Solo Performance  – “Flowers” by Miley Cyrus

Best Pop Vocal Album  – Midnights by Taylor Swift

Best R&B Song  – “Snooze” by SZA