Sprinter Slump

Nate Stetson

Spring peeks its beautiful head curiously and spitefulluy above Sprinter snow

Meg Patterson, Staff Writer

Winter is the one season that’s completely different than all the others – when snow falls. We can sled, ski/snowboard, ice skate, make human sized snowmen, enjoy a mug of hot chocolate, and much more. On the other hand, spring is when everything is set in motion. Sports start back up, plants grow, it continuously rains, which calls for indoor games like video games, stores that were closed for the winter open back up due to the warmer weather, and we reach the midpoint of the school year. But, what about the time in between the two seasons, when the weather is uncomfortable, and it’s just overall dreary and dull?

With this in mind, NAI students were interviewed to get their opinions on the “Sprinter Slump”.

When asked if it affected her work ethic, Lillian Wolfe replies, “I don’t work as hard, I’m not as focused…” For her and many others, the weather makes her even more tired than usual, affecting how  she generally carries herself, and the efficiency at which she works at school.

In other words, students are more likely to just go through the motions. When it’s gloomy outside, it can carry over into people, and cause them feel gloomy too, which makes it hard to put in 100%  of their effort into a task that requires a lot of energy. Most can agree with Cole Buschmeyer when he says, “It’s easier to work when you have a nice, happy surrounding”.

Not to mention how the temperature is at an awkward stage in that it isn’t cold enough for it to snow, but not warm enough to wear shorts. A vast majority of people are ready for spring, and merely want to wear some shorts, like Wolfe, who states, “I don’t like wearing pants all the time – I’m getting tired of it”.

Because of the weather being somewhat temperate, and how temperatures can vary between each class – one being warm, and the next freezing cold – students may get confused about what to wear as they’re getting ready for school in the morning. “I just always put on a sweater, and then I’m hot, but then I take it off, and I’m cold”, mentions Lexi Reed.

Even though spring is coming eventually, it would be nice for it to come faster, for the sake of NAI’s students, teachers, and staff, but most importantly, shorts.