What Does NA Mean To You?

Intermediate and Senior High School students share what NA means to them.

Eva Kynaston

NA has a history, and a reputation, that still resonates with students today.

Eva Kynaston, Staff Writer

“A springboard for my future,” says Sarah Sharar, a senior at North Allegheny’s Senior High School, describing what NA means to her.

With a vast school district like NA comes an environment filled with new thinkers and engineers for the future congregated in a single community. Sophomore Delaney Tedesco says, “NA for me is like a sense of community, I have gone here my whole life. I really love that we can all relate and laugh about things that everyone understands. It makes me feel like I am part of something bigger. ” 

North Allegheny is a district with numerous options and provides a community where kids may connect in an atmosphere that pushes them to their best potential. Being a member of a community like NA gives students a different approach to learning and puts them in a position in which they are appreciated.

Correspondingly, sophomore Maddie Martin says, “To me, NA is a big community. There are just so many people that come together to accomplish so much. ” 

Being a part of a community such as NA provides a different perspective on learning and an environment where students have many opportunities to grow. “As a kid, I always hated school,” says sophomore Jackie Junko. “That changed though once I came to NA. For me personally, I saw NA as an opportunity to change, not just academically, but idealistically as well.”

It is really nice to know that the district provides staff that cares about education and learning.

— Danna Ochoa

The district provides students with teachers who are able to ignite ambition in students and create an atmosphere where students can feel like they belong. Sophomore Danna Ochoa, says, “I have learned and been inspired by so many of my teachers throughout my years at NA. It is really nice to know that the district provides staff that cares about education and learning.” 

Sophomore Trey Davidson summarizes, “To me, North Allegheny is an excellent school that has allowed me to strive in my academics and discover my interests through electives provided by the school. I have also had many opportunities to develop closer relationships with my friends throughout elementary, middle, and high school. I look forward to spending the rest of my high school years at NA, and I am excited to see where this great school will take me in the future. “