NA Eye

NA Eye

NA Eye

Follow Us on Twitter

Eras Tour International, New Tour Dates Drama

Image by Jeff Kravitz of Taylor Swift performing “Long Live” in Santa Clara.

Traveling to new places is so fun and relaxing, except when it comes to Taylor Swift concerts. On social media, Taylor Swift fans are becoming angry at others for going to Swift’s Era’s Tour more than once, especially if they’re traveling out of state.

The Eras Tour is estimated to become the highest grossing tour ever at 2 billion dollars and the demand for tickets is also higher than any concert ever.

As a result, Ticketmaster had to only allow registered verified fans to get tickets. Only 4 percent of millions of fans were selected to participate in the sale. Many people were very upset that they got waitlisted, while fans who already went once or would have to travel hours to see the show got selected.

As one of the biggest stars in the world currently, Taylor Swift is putting on performances hard to match.

On TikTok, some concert goers explain feeling “Taylor Swift amnesia” because of how much went on. The concert is 3 hours long and there’s not really any breaks except outfit changes. There are so many things happening, that’s why many fans feel you need to go twice to truly experience the concert.

However, many on social media are saying it’s unfair for people to get to go more than once because they’re stealing a seat from a true fan.

NAI Sophomore Addey Kane says she would see Taylor Swift a hundred times if she could. She says, “I do think it’s fair for people to go again. The Eras Tour is the most amazing tour I’ve ever gone to and I think people want to experience that joy again.”

Kane also says, “It’s fair because I tried to go a second time and I didn’t get tickets, I love Taylor so much, I’ve loved her ever since I was two.”

North Catholic Junior, Kristina Domencic on the other hand says, although she would want to go to the tour again, “People should give others a chance to go to the Eras Tour rather than being selfish and going again.”

Domencic is a huge Swift fan, but she still acknowledges other fans deserve the chance to go.

We’ve seen Swift adding more tour dates before. She originally only had 2 shows at each U.S location, and then added a third to most, with the exception of L.A. where she performed 6 times at Sofi Stadium. It’s possible that as these 2024 tour dates inch closer, fans will see extra shows added.

If you didn’t get tickets, at least you can watch The Eras Tour: Concert Film in theaters starting October 13th.