Sing 2 Review

Illumination

Sing 2 was recently produced by Illumination.

Greta Mott, Staff Writer

Sing 2 was released to the theaters on December 22, 2021.  Sing 2 is rated PG and is a family-friendly movie.

Sing, the first movie, is about how Buster Moon and his hidden talents rose above the haters and successfully rebuilt his failing theater.  Sing 2 builds off that idea.  The group of friendly, enthusiastic animals travels to the big city.  They have to go against everyone who doubts them.  Although, this time around they have much more support from their fans.

The biggest obstacle standing in the group’s way is recruiting Clay Calloway, a retired rock icon, for their space play.  Mr. Moon is persistent, as always, and never gives up on Calloway.  At the end of the movie, all the original and new characters come together and perform “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For”.

Although the movie has an amazing plotline, the soundtrack is the outstanding piece that sets it apart from any other movie.

Reese Witherspoon, Tori Kelly, Taron Egerton, Scarlett Johansson’s songs topped the first movie.  Sing 2 also added some new voices such as Bono, Halsey, and Pharell Williams.

Sing 2 really highlights Ash’s (Scarlett Johansson) voice.  She has solos in “Heads Will Roll” and “Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of.”  She also has a duet with Clay Calloway (Bono) in “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For”.

So far it has made $139.6M in Box Office.

Sing 2 also advanced it’s humor from the first movie.  There were multiple hidden jokes that made watching the movie a little more interesting for adults.

Although the movie is targeted towards family and young children, many high school students also find it an amazing movie. The movie appeals to teenagers because it has cute love interests and popular songs.  This helps teens relate and appreciate the movie better.

Overall, this movie gets five out of five stars.  It is a sweet, feel-good movie that anyone can enjoy.